DATA VERIFICATION OF PRACTITIONERS AND HEALTH FACILITIES REGISTERED WITH MEDICAL COUNCIL OF MALAWI
Download FACILITY DATA VERIFICATION FORM
Download PRACTITIONER DATA VERIFICATION FORM
Medical Practitioners and Dentists Act was enacted in 1987 to provide for the establishment of the Medical Council of Malawi whose main objective is to protect the patients and the public and guide the regulated Medical Practitioners, Dental Practitioners, Para-medicals and Allied Health Professionals.
As a statutory body its mandate includes;
1. Registration of Medical practitioners, Dentists, Para-medicals, Allied Health Professionals and regulation of their professional conduct.
2. Licensing practitioners for private practice.
3. Approve and register premises for medical practice.
4. Cause copies of the registers, or of supplementary lists showing all the alterations, additions, revisions and erasures made since the last publication of the complete registers to be published in the Gazette. (Section 22 (1) Medical Practitioners and Dentists Act 87 of 1987).
In line with the above, Council has embarked on credentialing process through data verification exercise to update the Health Practitioners and health facilities registration status for purposes of keeping and reporting accurate data.
The Council is therefore, requesting all health professionals sitting on various registers regardless of their employment status to provide updated (personal and registration) information by completing data verification forms. Completed forms should be returned together with the following;
1. Copies of academic and professional credentials
2. Copy of registration certificate
3. Copy of National ID.
4. Two passport size photographs
The Medical Council is further requesting Directors of Central Hospitals, Directors of Health and Social Services, Proprietors and Heads of Health facilities to provide updated information of the facility.
Data verification forms will be accessed from this page at the begining and can also be collected from the office of the Hospital Director/Director of Health and Social Services. All completed forms should be returned to Hospital Directors’ office/DHSS who will forward the same to the office of the Registrar of Medical Council of Malawi.
The Medical Council would like to inform all practitioners that the closing date for receipt of data verification documents is 31st May 2021.
Names of practitioners and health facilities who will not renew registration and provide updated information will not appear in the gazette.
Finally, Medical Council of Malawi appeals to the concerned stakeholders to comply with the request so that we can serve you better.
If there are any questions, please contact
Keissner Banda (Mrs) through firstname.lastname@example.org
or Wakisa Kishombe through email@example.com
Medical Council of Malawi
P.O Box 30787
Date: 23rd February, 2021.